Pages

Followers

Oct 4, 2012

Butterflies & More !

Hi Friends, I'm here with another colorful card. It's made using my favorite ink of all times - Distress Inks. I can't seem to work without them anymore. Whenever I decide to make cards, I just happen to take out all of those yummy colors of Distress Inks that I own. And I have quite a bunch. Well here's my card for today !

For this card I stamped the butterflies & the sentiment randomly on a white card stock, using my Cavallini Stamps with my Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. After which I cut the paper into 4 strips (doesn't need to be of the same width). After that I blended distress inks with my foam applicators in a circular motion and stuck them onto a Black Card Stock leaving a little space in between each strip. I also stamped 2 large butterflies seperately on a white paper using black ink and pieced it with my Cutter Bee Scissors (Another fav. tool) I stuck these hand pieced butterflies on the inked card stock with my foam dots to give it some dimension. Lastly, I applied Crystal Stickles to some of the smaller butterflies for the extra pop !









Supplies Used :
Card Stock : Fabriano (Elle Erre)
Distress Inks : Tattered Rose,Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Tumbled Glass, Chipped Sapphire, Pine Needles and Barn Door.
Ink : Memento Tuxedo Black
Foam Dots
Stamps : Cavillini Butterfly Stamp Set
Stickles Glitter Glue :  Crystal

Challenges Entered :





16 comments:

Shari said...

Wow, what a stunning card and a great use of ink colors!!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Sue said...

Stunning card. I love the colours and the gorgeous butterflies.

Thank you for taking part in the Fab n Funky Challenge this week
Sue

Michelle VP said...

What a beautiful butterfly collage! I love your mix of colors and sparkly butterflies. So glad you could join us at Flutterby Wednesday this week! :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Riti you have created a magical project with the butterflies and inks.I am not sure how to use ink pads very well but sure am loving dropping by your blog for inspiration!!

Riti said...

THANK You All !!

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh my word your card is stunning!!
I just love your very beautiful design, thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

Eileen said...

What a great use of distress inks to make such a colourful and beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in with The Paper Shelter 'Distressing' challenge this week, and good luck
Eileen x

jan farnworth said...

what an adorable butterfly card thanks for joining along with us at fbw.

Manu Gupta said...

I loved the card, awesome project !! :) this is simply stunning....
Hoping to come again and again..
becoming a follower..

my blog is
www.hands-full-of-art.blogspot.in

Cheers!
Manu

Roxann said...

Love the design of your gorgeous card, Riti! Thanks for playing at Through The Craft Room Door!

Wendy said...

Stunning card, gorgeous butterflies and wonderful colours...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

sara said...

gorgeous card thanks so much for joining us at deep ocean this week
hugs sara x x

Shirley said...

Very pretty! Love the colours and the butterflies! Thank you for playing along this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic and inspirational! tfs

Kristie @ My Paper Life said...

Very pretty card! I love the touches of sparkle you added on the small butterflies.

Patty Sue 2 said...

Lovely work...love the butterflies! Thank you for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER CHALLENGE! Good luck and I hop we see more of your lovely work in the future challenges!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...